Job Announcements: Outreach and Membership Coordinator. US Climate Action Network (USCAN) is seeking a dynamic Outreach and Membership Coordinator. The primary job responsibility of the coordinator is to initiate, facilitate and coordinate network member support services, including: briefings, conferences, ongoing support for existing members, orientation for new members, membership database maintenance, and effectively outreach to new allies and diverse stakeholders.
Outreach and Membership Coordinator
Call for Applications
Job Title: Outreach and Membership Coordinator
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Located in Washington, DC
US Climate Action Network (USCAN) is seeking a dynamic Outreach and Membership Coordinator. The primary job responsibility of the coordinator is to initiate, facilitate and coordinate network member support services, including: briefings, conferences, ongoing support for existing members, orientation for new members, membership database maintenance, and effectively outreach to new allies and diverse stakeholders.
The USCAN network is expanding its membership and outreach and plans to bring on more capacity to support its efforts. The position may evolve over time to meet emerging needs and to capitalize on the unique skills of the Outreach and Membership Coordinator.
About US Climate Action Network (USCAN)
With more than 137 member organizations, USCAN is a vital and growing network for organizations active on climate change.
USCAN’s mission is to support and strengthen US-based civil society organizations’ influence on the development and implementation of local, national, and international climate policy and action. Founded in 1989, USCAN fosters and facilitates collaborative efforts to share information, coordinate activities, and develop strategies across diverse organizations and constituencies.
The network spans an array of perspectives and approaches. USCAN members are united by their common goals to reduce US greenhouse gas emissions, to increase climate resiliency, to inspire the United States’ positive leadership in international forums to secure equitable, effective climate policies, and to support on-the-ground implementation of climate solutions.
Specifically, the Outreach and Membership Coordinator will:
- Recruit USCAN members from a range of constituencies and manage new member applications;
- Provide orientation to new member organizations;
- Establish regular contact and outreach to USCAN member organizations;
- Maintain a current database of USCAN members;
- Mobilize USCAN member organizations in support of collaborative initiatives;
- Regularly communicate feedback from the USCAN membership to the rest of the staff, and be an internal advocate for the needs of network members;
- Design and implement regular briefings and conferences, including USCAN’s annual conference, and facilitate regular conference calls for members;
- Collaborate with other staff on various program and operations projects such as conferences, action alerts and other activities;
- Participate with USCAN staff and leadership in strategic development and planning;
- Represent USCAN at coalition and community meetings with key constituencies.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities, skills, and experience:
- Knowledge of and experience with the climate community, the justice community, the labor community, or other stakeholder networks that prioritize climate action;
- Skills in methods of organizing, outreach, communication and networking;
- Experience working with diverse constituencies;
- Experience fostering collaboration between groups with differing perspectives;
- Takes initiative and completes tasks;
- Logistical skills in planning and implementing events and conferences;
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, self-direct and manage time effectively;
- Good team player, positive attitude;
- Ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and warmly—both orally and in writing;
- Familiarity with the Jemez principles;
- Experience with membership management software (preferably Salesforce).
USCAN encourages diversity and does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination and harassment in the office place. USCAN prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotions, wages and firing/layoffs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, gender identity, or socio-economic status. USCAN affirms the right to equal pay for equal work.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and brief cover letter describing their interest in this position via email to Carrie Clayton (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject: First Name Last Name, Outreach Coordinator. Deadline for application is April 15, 2015. No inquiries by phone, please.