Environment Northeast (ENE)
September 02, 2009
Recently Uploaded Resources
- A resource that provides guidance on one of today’s most pressing policy challenges ---climate change. ClimateVision 2020 offers an up-to-date, comprehensive, and user-friendly picture of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the Northeast.
- NGO Opposition Letter to Thune Aviation Bill
- NGO opposition to the Thune aviation bill (S.1956) in the House of Representatives.This bill would set a disturbing precedent by undermining the international rule of law. It would authorize the Secretary of Transportation to prohibit an operator of a civil aircraft of the United States from complying with this European aviation law.
- RGGI Emissions Trends
- A March 2008 ENE report on RGGI. It examines fuel-switching, energy consumption, non-emitting generation, and other factors that caused 2008 emissions to fall 19% below the RGGI cap.
- RGGI Allowance Allocations & Use of Auction Proceeds
- A March 2009 ENE report that tracks RGGI state allowances and distribution of auction proceeds through the first and second auctions on Sept. 15, 2008 and Dec. 17, 2008.
- Environment Northeast: The American Power Act of 2010: Comprehensive Summary
- Environment Northeast: State GHG programs and the American Power Act of 2010
- Environment Northeast: The American Power Act of 2010 preliminary cap & allocation Summary
- Environment Northeast: Energy efficiency in the American Power Act of 2010
- Environment Northeast: Domestic offsets and the carbon conservation program in the American Power Act of 2010
- Environment Northeast: Issue summaries and recommendations for American Power Act
- RGGI at One Year: An Evaluation of the Design and Implementation of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
- Five page document from Environment Northeast published in February 2010. Evaluates RGGI after one full year of operation on five key components: auctions, funding, offsets, cap level, and governance.
- Climate Change Roadmap for Connecticut Part II: Strategies
- A 2003 report that details strategies to reduce emissions in Connecticut.
- Climate Change Roadmap for New England and Eastern Canada
- A 240-page 2006 report designed to encourage and guide progress on reducing emissions of greenhouse gas pollutants.
- Energy Efficiency: Engine of Economic Growth
- Report released by Environment Northeast in October 2009 to project macroeconomic impacts of energy efficiency programs in comparison to no programs.
- Summary & Preliminary Recommendations for the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009
- Environment Northeast's summary of and recommendations for the Waxman-Markey draft legislation including a brief summary of the Act, detailed section-by-section summaries, and ENE's initial reactions.
- Climate Change Roadmap for Connecticut: Part I
- A 2003 report intended to help policymakers and stakeholders identify, prioritize and design steps for Connecticut to reduce emissions that cause climate change.
- ENE Summary of ACES Bill
- The following document provides: (1) a brief overview of ACES; and (2) detailed section-by-section summaries. ENE‟s position on the bill and recommendations for improvement are available at: http://www.env-ne.org/resources/open/p/id/883/