Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
February 10, 2009
Recently Uploaded Resources
- The appointment of former Progress Energy CEO William Johnson as the new CEO of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) was met with surprise and questions from a leading advocate for clean energy and a longtime watchdog of TVA.
- Letter in Opposition to H.R. 6213, the No More Solyndras Act
- On behalf of our members and activists across the country we are writing to express our strong opposition to H.R. 6213, the No More Solyndras Act, which is scheduled for the floor Friday, September 14, 2012. H.R. 6213 would do nothing to protect U.S. taxpayers from underwriting the numerous high-risk, capital-intensive fossil and nuclear energy projects already in line to receive billions of dollars in federal financial support through the Title XVII DOE Energy Loan Guarantee Program.
- Faced with shocking numbers of record high temperatures and natural disasters, experts are saying that there has never been anything like it in recorded history.
- SACE Statement on American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009
- The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy reacts of the passage of the American Clean Energy & Security Act through the House Energy & Commerce Committee on May 21, 2009.
- Public Comment How-to for EPA's Proposed Mercury Rule
- You can submit your comments online at a specially designed website, by email, by fax, by mail, or even by hand delivery to EPA. No matter how you submit your comments, make sure they are identified by the special docket number for this mercury rule: EPA-HQ-OAR-2009-0234. Once you have learned about the proposal for limiting mercury and other air toxics from coal plants and decided that you want to comment, you can either write up your own comments or see our draft comment letter.
- SACE Reacts to Passage of ACES Through House
- On June 26, SACE reacts to the passage of the American Clean Energy & Security Act through the House.
- SACE: Statement on Waxman-Markey Climate Legislation
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy reacts to the draft climate legislation introduced by Chairman Waxman and Chairman Markey on March 31, 2009.
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy on President Obama's energy security remarks
- Statement on offshore drilling tragedy in the Gulf
- Southern Alliance for Clean Energy calls on the President to reverse administration’s offshore drilling plan
- Offshore drilling: A false answer to energy prices
- Yes We Can: Southern Solutions for a National Renewable Energy Standard
- Report from Southern Alliance for Clean Energy that concludes the Southeast can meet a national renewable energy standard of at least 15% of forecast electricity demand by 2015, 20% by 2020, and 25% by 2025.
- South Carolina Guide to Climate Change
- A report on the various effects of climate change on South Carolina as well as measures, both personal and policy, that can help negate the problem.
- The Risks of GA Coal Plant
- A 2008 report on the risks of building the Georgia coal plant "Plant Wasington", as proposed by the Georgia Electric Membership Corporations.
- This CleanEnergy Footprints article digs deeper into the House Committee on Energy and Commerce's edits to the ACES bill, the "Combined Efficiency and Renewable Energy Standard."