February 10, 2009
Recently Uploaded Resources
- With the most recent climate change negotiations finished in Nairobi, much attention has been focused on how Africa will fair under future climate scenarios. Several reports detail how we need not wait to see the impacts of severe weather conditions on the continent, nor do we need to wait to start implementing simple technologies to cope with these impacts.
- Forty-seven authors, many from developing countries such as India and Sudan, contributed the shorter essays in State of the World 2009, titled “Climate Connections.” The result is the most diverse array of insights and perspectives ever in a single edition of State of the World.
- WorldWatch Institute Side Event Cancune
- Outside the Cap: Opportunities and Limitations of Greenhouse Gas Offsets
- From Executive Summary of this December 2008 report, "Carbon offset programs require the application of rigorous quantification, verification, and enforcement criteria in order to ensure that the integrity of greenhouse gas (GHG) caps is not compromised."
- Renewable Revolution: Low-Carbon Energy by 2030
- Report from Worldwatch Institute released in December 2009. The report highlights synergies between renewable energies and energy efficiency and argues that, used in concert, the two can take the world further than either can individually.
- Low-Carbon Energy: A Roadmap
- From summary of this 2008 WorldWatch report, "Technologies available today, and those expected to become competitive over the next decade, will permit a rapid decarbonization of the global energy economy. New renewable energy technologies, combined with a broad suite of energy-efficiency advances, will allow global energy needs to be met without fossil fuels and by adding only minimally to the cost of energy services."
- A Green Global Recovery? Assessing US Economic Stimulus and the Prospects for International Coordination
- This policy brief provides a framework for evaluating ways to meet energy and climate policy goals as part of an economic recovery effort, assesses a range of policy options currently under consideration, and discusses the prospects for coordinating US actions with those of other major economies for broader effect.
- 2009 Climate Change Reference Guide and Glossary
- A 2009 concise overview of climate change as well as a glossary of essential terms.