Network Administrator Position
Salary Position at $48,000.00 a year
(more details about salary and benefits below)
- Are you or do you aspire to be ‘the person who makes the magic happen behind the curtain’ i.e. a consummate professional who is purpose driven, highly organized, detail oriented and ensures tasks and deliverables get accomplished while working remotely and independently?
- Are you extremely organized, self motivated and enthusiastic about getting the details right?
- Are you passionate about climate justice and looking for a role that will tap your administrative and analytical skills?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, and you are looking for a long-term administrative role, then this entry-level, Network Administrator position at The US Climate Action Network (USCAN) might be the right fit for you!
USCAN seeks a highly organized and self motivated individual to join our team. This person will be primarily responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Executive Director, Leadership Team, Network, and emerging member led Campaigns. A typical day involves scheduling meetings, note taking, and technical support; network administration including managing listservs, drives and databases; and data analytics and reporting for our network metrics. Agility and a flexible mindset are essential along with a positive can-do attitude and a passion for proactive problem solving. This person is essential to keeping the network running smoothly and is a very important role.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, and are not limited to the following:
- Reports to the Senior Director, Member Engagement
- Provides administrative support for the Network, Leadership, emerging member led Campaigns such as coordinating and scheduling conference calls, meetings, webinars, travel, and events
- Manages the USCAN member center, and tools like listservs that enable members to work together and connect in diverse ways.
- Manages the USCAN website and social media
- Staff Calendar Manager - Creates an annual calendar for all major network functions (e.g. annual meeting, annual surveys, user group start up, etc.)
- Meeting note taker
- Manager of the USCAN member and staff Google Drive
- Supports member weaving activities
- Supports event/meeting logistics
- Manages the CRM database (NationBuilder); member data, fundraising and development data, processes information update tracker, survey data, membership billing, documentation and support, etc.
- Manages the creation and reporting of Network Metrics and provides reports quarterly to board and staff
- Support Development of the Annual Report
- Support with development of surveys and survey analysis
Desired Skills, Traits & Experience:
- Excellent organizational skills with the capacity to determine and execute on priorities in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills including experience translating raw data in to meaningful reports
- Interest in supporting large events.
- Experience using Google Drive effectively.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and is self motivated.
- Strong computer skills and experience with database software, specifically NationBuilder and Asana
- Passionate about/interested in climate justice
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where change is a constant.
Salary and Benefits
- We believe that “salary ambiguity” opens the door for discrimination. Therefore, we are posting the salary as-is without a range and the need for negotiations. Also, in February of each year there is the opportunity for salary adjustments. These adjustments are based on performance and overall financial capacity/stability of USCAN.
- USCAN will cover insurance costs for the staff member and one family member. This includes full health, dental and vision insurance. We use DC Health Link as our insurance provider.
- USCAN offers staff members a vacation package, recognizing their hard work. USCAN allows for 35 hours of vacation (1 week) per every 3 months worked.
- Sick leave pay replaces your income when you are unable to work because of an illness or injury. This includes diagnosis, care, and treatment of behavioral health conditions, including mental illness, anxiety, depression, and substance use disorders. It may also be used for doctor appointments, to care for an ill member of your family. Sick leave accrues from date of hire at a rate of one day per month.
- After working with USCAN for 3 months, you are offered an additional 35 hours of emergency leave (5 days) to cover bereavement leave, parental leave, hospitalization, or family emergencies. Emergency leave is non-accruing.
- USCAN recognizes the federal government holiday schedule.
USCAN’s mission is to build trust, alignments, a caring community and supportive relationships among its members to fight climate change in a just and equitable way. We envision a powerful, inclusive, and trusting network of U.S. organizations who work together to meet the global goals in the Paris Climate Agreement and exceed the U.S. targets outlined in that agreement in a way that is equitable and just.USCAN offers an egalitarian workplace where emotional intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. We offer a robust benefits and vacation package. Learn more about us at http://www.usclimatenetwork.org. Position starts ASAP.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for this position and desired salary, along with a resume, and professional references via email to [email protected] Subject Line: 'First Name Last Name, USCAN Network Administrator’. We are looking to hire immediately; we will be accepting applications until April 20th or until the position is filled. No inquiries by phone, please.
US Climate Action Network encourages diversity and prohibits discrimination in the office. The organization exceeds the anti-discrimination policies of the District of Columbia and of the federal government. Specifically, USCAN prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, gender identity, or socio-economic status. USCAN will do our best to make staff positions accessible to women, people of any ethnic background, people of any age, Indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer people, disabled people, and other under-represented communities in our kind of organizations – including communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with