Data and Canvassing Lead
Full time - Remote
Salary $55k to $70K
(Twelve Month Limited Term Position)
About US Climate Action Network (USCAN):
Our mission is to build trust and alignments among members to fight climate change in a just and equitable way. We envision a powerful, inclusive, and trusting network of US organizations who worked together to meet the global goals in the Paris Climate Agreement and exceed the US targets outlined in that agreement. USCAN’s theory of change is that if we work together we will successfully impact climate change. This is rooted in the belief that our network members must double down on democracy and relationships in order to pursue our shared goals. Our inside game and our outside game members must be in relationships with each other and coordinate in areas where they decide that working together will enable us to meet the network’s vision.
This brand new position will be a twelve month limited term position cover. Specifically, the Data and Canvassing Lead will build the Arm in Arm capacity for using the voter file, and text, phone bank and canvassing software for Arm in Arm canvassing; support virtual phone banks and text banks in ~15 locations around the US as well as in person canvassing in the DC region; and Manage data from multiple streams, including training attendees and action attendees. We need a person that can access and organize data, and support activists who are planning and implementing canvasses, phone banks and text banks.
Currently, we have data from individuals who have been trained, who have attended actions, and who have signed up online. We need a Data and Canvassing Manager who organizes our existing data in a way that makes it useful, and can lead a dramatic scaling up of our contacts to millions of people who are ready to take direct action on the climate crisis.
Duties of the Data and Canvassing Lead:
- Develops a deep understanding of the work of our members and volunteers engaged with Arm in Arm, promotes and expands the reach of this work to broader audiences.
- Works in partnership with the National Coordinator and the Operations and Finance Manager to ensure that Arm in Arm canvassing, text, and phone banking actions are incorporated into program activities and effectively running for maximum participation.
- Ensures that data for contacting individuals by canvass and phone bank is accessible for up to 60 Arm in Arm hubs or USCAN members.
- Leads in person canvasses in one of the 15 focus areas for Arm in Arm canvassing to get first hand experience in how the data are used
- Provides data to hubs to support text and phone banks for 15-60 hubs to recruit activists
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are risk and results-oriented, and have strong management skills. You should have:
- Commitment to the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- An entrepreneurial and risk-taking attitude, motivated and ambitious to quickly build a big program from the ground up.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated record of success in managing data systems
- Familiarity with SQL
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with databases
- Strong computer skills and experience, including experience with systems such as Google Drive, Mobile Cause, Asana, & NationBuilder.
- Collaborative, team-oriented and a positive, friendly professional workplace demeanor balance with appropriate assertiveness necessary to be effective.
What Else You Should Know:
This position is full-time and our organization works remotely in different locations. With safety being our top priority, there will eventually be some travel associated with the position. Typically traveling three times a year for staff retreats and the USCAN Annual Meeting.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $70,000.00. Benefits include medical, dental coverage, generous paid leave and an employer contribution match your 401k.
USCAN is an equal opportunity employer and we value having staff who come from communities that are most impacted by climate change. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ2+ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
USCAN offers an egalitarian workplace where intelligence, flexibility, authenticity, transparency, and good humor are highly valued.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for this position and desired salary, along with a resume, and professional references via email to [email protected] The subject line should be: 'First Name Last Name, USCAN Data and Canvassing Manager’. We are looking to hire immediately; we will be accepting applications until October 15th or until the position is filled. No inquiries by phone, please.
US Climate Action Network encourages diversity and prohibits discrimination in the office place. The organization exceeds the anti-discrimination policies of the District of Columbia and of the federal government. Specifically, USCAN prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, gender identity, or socio-economic status. USCAN will do our best to make staff positions accessible to women, people of any ethnic background, people of any age, Indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer people, disabled people, and other under-represented communities in our kind of organizations – including communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.