Winter and Spring Internship
Paid Internship with Flexible Hours
- Are you passionate about climate justice issues?
- Do you like working in a diverse, inclusive and fast-paced environment?
- Are you extremely organized and enthusiastic about getting the details right?
Then you should apply to be an intern at USCAN!!
USCAN is a small and mighty organization doing compelling work!! This role is not only a great opportunity to learn more about what many different US organizations are doing collectively to address the climate crisis, it is essential to meeting our network goals. A typical day involves assisting with scheduling meetings, office administration, meeting/event logistics, drafting correspondence to members, note taking, website updates, listserv management, social media, and data entry. Agility and a flexible mindset are essential along with a positive can-do attitude, a curiosity to build a community with colleagues and an ability for seeing issues and a love for fixing them. In sum: this role supports the USCAN team, to help keep everyone on time, organized, and less stressed.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, and are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and schedules conference calls, meetings, webinars, and events as needed and requested by all staff
- Assists with logistics for virtual meetings and an in-person conference in late February 2023
- Assist with data management
- Helps with website updates, improvements, and maintenance
- Willingness to learn and eventually be responsible for managing platforms to share information with members
- Finding and suggesting content for USCAN Twitter and Facebook accounts that advances USCAN’s mission, and highlights the work of network members.
- Supporting members and their initiatives as decided upon by our Action Teams.
Desired Skills, Traits & Experience:
- Strong desire to develop organizational skills with the willingness to determine and execute on priorities in a timely manner.
- Passionate about/interested in addressing the climate crisis.
- Commitment to the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion with a specific focus on anti-racism
- The willingness and ability to embrace ambiguity and encourage experimentation and innovation as you learn new skills.
- Willingness to show gratitude and encourage mutual appreciation for the ideas and contributions of all.
- A preference for cooperation, high levels of trust, sincerity, and openness to experience.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and a positive, friendly, professional workplace demeanor balanced with appropriate assertiveness necessary to be effective.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest for the internship, along with a resume, and professional references via email to [email protected] Subject Line: 'First Name Last Name, USCAN Internship’. We are looking to fill the position by January 13, 2023 and we will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
US Climate Action Network encourages diversity and prohibits discrimination in the office place. The organization exceeds the anti-discrimination policies of the District of Columbia and of the federal government. Specifically, USCAN prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence or business, gender identity, or socio-economic status. USCAN will do our best to make staff positions accessible to women, people of any ethnic background, people of any age, Indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer people, disabled people, and other under-represented communities in our kind of organizations – including communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice. USCAN offers an egalitarian workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued.
Showing 4 reactions
Sign in with